UPDATE: Attention filmmakers, due to an overwhelmingly high response to our call for submissions via Film Freeway, our regular deadline has been changed to April 30, 2016. If this adversely impacts your submission of an issue focused documentary to the One World Film Festival, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss an accommodation. We strongly encourage Canadian documentary filmmakers to submit their works.
Accommodation for local filmmakers: Ottawa and Gatineau area filmmakers can submit their documentaries via email by May 31, 2016.
The One World Film Festival (OWFF) is pleased to announce that it is currently seeking submissions of documentaries for its 2016 edition. To enter please carefully read the eligibility criteria and terms, rules, and conditions below and click here to submit your documentary via Film Freeway.
Submissions must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for consideration:
– be a documentary (non-fiction);
– be written, directed and/or produced by within the last 2 years (2014 – 2016);
– be created by filmmakers aged 18 or above (or under 18, with the consent of a guardian); and,
– address topics such as human rights, social justice, politics, culture, conflict, war, peace, refugees, the environment, climate change, etc.
Ontario, Ottawa and Gatineau area filmmakers are strongly encouraged to submit their work.
There are no waivers to these criteria.
As well the following information must be included with your submission:
– Film title and year of production;
– Country or province (i.e. for Canadian productions) of origin;
– A brief synopsis of the film;
– Running time/length of the film;
– Language(s) of film and available subtitles (where relevant);
– Premiere status (i.e. has it premiered in Canada or internationally and, if so, where?);
– Full name of the filmmaker(s)/director(s);
– Contact information of filmmaker and/or distributor (email address, phone number and complete mailing address).
Please note that incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Screening fees will be paid to selected films and all accepted film entries will be promoted and featured on the OWFF website and on their Facebook and Twitter pages.
Categories and Fees
Entry fee: None
Dates & Datelines
Final and Only Deadline for Submissions: April 30, 2016
Notification Date: August 28, 2015
Event Date: September 2016
Rules and Terms
Please read all of the rules and guidelines carefully before making your submission.
– There are no submission fees.
– Only online submissions will be accepted (i.e. via Film Freeway or email). We will not accept submissions sent by mail/post.
– We are not responsible for improperly functioning online screeners or passwords.
– All submitted films in a language other than English must have English or French subtitles.
– Submissions of French language films with English subtitles are strongly encouraged.
– Films publicly available on the Internet (free or VOD) are not eligible.
– Entrants are responsible for securing all rights and permissions from copyright and other holders relating to their film and agree to all terms as detailed herein.
– We reserve the right not to select any submission that we feel is inappropriate for any reason.
– All submissions will be notified of the results of the festival’s decision by August 31, 2016.
– All film submissions will be assessed based on the criteria and rules and guidelines as described in the call for submissions.
– The decision of selection committee and festival is final.
Terms and Conditions
As submitter of this entry and the undersigned, I acknowledge and agree that:
1. I have read, understand and fully comply with all submission eligibility Rules, Guidelines, Terms and Conditions requirements;
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true;
3. This film or video is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation;
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the festival;
5. I hold One World Arts (One World Film Festival) its Board of Directors, management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry;
6. I certify that I am the copyright holder of the film and have all necessary rights and clearances to have the film publicly screened by the festival;
7. I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the entered work;
8. I give permission to One World Arts (One World Film Festival) to use trailers/clips, stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the film for promotional purposes and
9. I give permission to One World Arts (One World Film Festival) to screen the film at the festival as well as any other agreed on festival presentations, programs, and/or events.
Inquiries and requests for further information may be directed to email@example.com.