The One World Film Festival (OWFF) is pleased to announce that it is currently seeking submissions of documentaries for its 2017 edition. To enter please carefully read the eligibility criteria and terms, rules, and conditions below and submit your documentary via FilmFreeway.
FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, unlimited video storage, digital press kits, and more. Click to submit with FilmFreeway.
Submissions must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for consideration:
– be a documentary (non-fiction);
– be written, directed and/or produced by within the last 2 years (2015 – 2017);
– be created by filmmakers aged 18 or above (or under 18, with the consent of a guardian); and,
– address topics such as human rights, social justice, politics, culture, conflict, war, peace, refugees, the environment, climate change, etc.
Regional and local (Ontario, Ottawa and Gatineau area) filmmakers are exempt from the submission fee and are strongly encouraged to submit their works for consideration. If this applies to you, please apply for a waiver via the OWFF FilmFreeway page OR submit your work electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Local submission” in the subject line of your message.
There are no waivers to these criteria.
The following information must be included with your submission:
– Film title and year of production;
– Country or province (i.e. for Canadian productions) of origin;
– A brief synopsis of the film and/or press kit (if available);
– Running time/length of the film;
– Language(s) of film and available subtitles (where relevant);
– Premiere status (i.e. has it premiered in Ottawa, Canada, or internationally and, if so, where?);
– Full name of the filmmaker(s)/director(s);
– Contact information of filmmaker and/or distributor (email address, phone number and complete mailing address).
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Screening fees will be paid to selected films and all accepted film entries will be promoted and featured on the OWFF website and on their Facebook and Twitter pages.
Categories and Fees
Entry fee: $5.00 USD (Exemption available for regional and local filmmakers)
Dates & Datelines
Final and Only Deadline for Submissions: May 1, 2017
Notification Date: August 21, 2017
Event Date: September 2017
Rules and Terms
Please read all of the rules and guidelines carefully before making your submission.
– Films publicly available on the Internet (free or VOD) are not eligible.
– Only online submissions will be accepted (i.e. via Film Freeway or email). We will not accept submissions sent by mail/post.
– We are not responsible for improperly functioning online screeners or passwords.
– All submitted films in a language other than English must have English or French subtitles.
– Submissions of French language films with English subtitles are strongly encouraged.
– Entrants are responsible for securing all rights and permissions from copyright and other holders relating to their film and agree to all terms as detailed herein.
– We reserve the right not to select any submission that we feel is inappropriate for any reason.
– All submissions will be notified of the results of the festival’s decision by August 21, 2017.
– The decision of selection committee and festival is final.
Terms and Conditions
As submitter of this entry and the undersigned, I acknowledge and agree that:
1. I have read, understood and fully complied with all submission eligibility Rules, Guidelines, Terms and Conditions requirements;
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the information I have provided along with my submission is accurate;
3. This film or video is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation;
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the festival;
5. I hold One World Arts (One World Film Festival) its Board of Directors, management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry;
6. I certify that I am the copyright holder of the film and have all necessary rights and clearances to have the film publicly screened by the festival;
7. I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the entered work;
8. I give permission to One World Arts (One World Film Festival) to use trailers/clips, stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the film for promotional purposes; and,
9. I give permission to One World Arts (One World Film Festival) to screen the film at the festival as well as any other agreed on festival presentations, programs, and/or events.
Inquiries and requests for further information may be directed to email@example.com.